• May 15مرحبًا بك في الموقع الإلكتروني الجديد لجريدة الطلاب في جريس كينج!

• May 15Bienvenido al nuevo sitio web del periódico estudiantil de Grace King!

• May 15Welcome to the new website for Grace King's student newspaper!

Grace King Looks Towards Success

Photo by: Instagram: @gracekinghs

Photo by: Instagram: @gracekinghs

On Friday, October 12th,  Grace King High School held a College and Career Fair for students. All grades were able to go except the freshmen due to time constraints: seniors and juniors went first, and sophomores went second. However, there will be a private event held for freshmen. This fair was put together in order to provide students with knowledge on colleges around their area and certain careers they might be interested in. Representatives for each college came in order to provide more information to students about the potential careers they want to go in, or the colleges they’d like to go.

There were many local, out-of-state, beauty, and culinary colleges. Colleges from out-of-state that attended included University of Southern Mississippi and University of Alabama. Each booth had papers that included information and requirements about the college. There was also merchandise like cups, pens, lanyards, and stickers available in some booths. Some teachers visited the booths of the colleges they graduated from. Throughout the fair, it seemed that LSU’s booth was the most popular.

The careers booths included Ochsner, East Jefferson General Hospital (EJGH), Aveda Institute, and Louisiana National Guard. National Guard held a challenge for all students who signed up to complete 50 push-ups without stopping in order to win a free t-shirt. EJGH’s booth had a CPR machine that did CPR on a dummy, which caught the interest of many people.

This college fair is definitely a must-have considering how many students leave high school not knowing what they want to do after high school or what college they want to go to. Some students make it to college, but they realize that the field they chose isn’t for them, so this college fair provides an opportunity for students to find their future role in life before they graduate. College is very expensive, so this opportunity that Grace King has given to these students will save them a lot of time and money once they graduate. 

About the Writers
Lina Lin, Contributor

My name is Lina Lin. I am a sophomore at Grace King. My ethnicity is Chinese. I was born in New York, but raised in Metairie and a small city in Mississippi. My favorite color is yellow. I am currently a member of student council.

Samir Khalil, Contributor

Hi, my name is Samir. I’m an avid crossfitter, who aspires to be an actor, director, producer, and an overall productive member of society.

• Academics

New Teacher Talk: Ms. Norman

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Academics

38 students to be inducted into GK’s chapter of the National Honor Society

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Alumni

Alumni: Bianca Shrestha (c/o 2014)

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Alumni

Alumni: Tiffany Perdomo (c/o 2018)

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Alumni

Alumni: Mary Vu (c/o 2018)

• Academics

New Teacher Talk: Ms. Norman

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Academics

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Seniors '19

Photos: Senior Luau

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Fall Sports

After back-and-forth match, Grace King preserves to beat Carver

• Grace King Looks Towards Success

Student Life

Ding! Students Give Feedback About the New Bell Schedule: Does it Work?

Translate »
Grace King Looks Towards Success